Wednesday 9 July 2008

It's ABC...

One of my favourite shops in the world would have to be ABC Carpet and Home in New York. It's simply a treasure trove filled to the brim with the most beautiful antiques and collectibles of all eras and styles - mixed with loads of lovely ornamental finds. Every time I'm in the big apple it's the first place I head to and I always find a piece (or two) to remind me of my stay in that beautiful city - something small that I can fit in my suitcase - like a piece of glassware, ceramics or some fabric. So while dreaming about a trip to New York I thought that I'd go for a virtual shop to remind me of just how much I love the place! 







3 comments:

Villa Anna said...

I am well and truly due for another trip to NY considering I was there last in 95 lol. ABC Carpet and Home would definately be my first port of call.

I'm not sure if you ever saw it but Melissa from The Inspired Room featured a post on her trip to ABC back in march and filled it with so many dreamy and tantalizing pics I could have cried lol.

Here is the link http://theinspiredroom.wordpress.com/2008/03/19/nyc-abc-carpet-home/

Anna :)

Shannon Fricke said...

Thanks Anna for introducing me to The Inspired Room and Melissa's post on ABC Carpet and Home. I think I may have found a kindred spirit...

Villa Anna said...

Don't you love it when you find those? lol

Anna ;)