Sunday 31 May 2009

Hola Spain...





Well it's au revoir Paris and hola Spain! I've been inspired by Spanish colour, design and architecture for many years now - particularly the Moorish kind that you find in southern Spain. And so, I was over the moon to make it there on this trip. Even more special was to be there with my mum - who shares by love of the aesthetic. Neither of us had visited before and so every day was a special treat filled with new discoveries. We started our journey in Madrid, then made our way to Seville by train. Oh what a beautiful city is Seville - it's windy cobbled alleys, colourful streetscapes and beautiful gardens were just a feast for the eye - and the heart and soul. Mum loved it so much - she even wept with joy! We spent our days exploring the town and the nights eating great food and watching flamenco. Ah, Seville - you are a magical town....

7 comments:

beachvintage.com said...

Everything is beautiful.

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

I've never been to Spain but can imagine the colour, the beat of it will uplift your spirit and creativity. How wonderful to enjoy such richness with your Mum!

Viv said...

What a trip!

Kellie Collis said...

I adore those plants on the balcony. Fabulous!!

orange sugar home said...

Sounds amazing and I am jealous! You must rent/buy the Spain, On the Road Again DVD series with Gwyneth Paltro, Mario Batali, Mark Bittman and gorgeous Spaniar Claudia Bassoul. It is amazing and will make you want to move to Spain today!

Minnie said...

Ah, beautiful Spain. Your post is bringing back nice memories of a similar trip I took with with my mom through Madrid and Seville about 10 years ago. I am a city girl at heart but, oh do enjoy the slower pace of life and eccentricities that a smaller city like Seville offers.

Graça Paz said...

Hi there
I found your fabulous site and blog trougth intside out magazine at the end of my nigth here on the Portuguese countryside and i love it,and i´m going to spend my next days (better saying nigths exploring your work)

I too moved from thr city to the countryside ,it was an old dream of mine and i´m everyday of my life overwelmed with all these landscapes and diferent way of living!

Very special

Thank you so mutch and nice to meet you

Graça Paz