Thursday 23 July 2009

Sunny DAys...


Hip Hip Hooray.... for sunny, sunny days!
Would you believe that it's the middle of winter in Byron Bay and I've been swimming at the beach almost every day this week! Although the water is still a little chilly - the air temperature is simply perfect and so I've been enjoying morning swims before a coffee at my favourite coffee hole. And with the kids still on holidays - we've been catching up on a few of our favourite holiday activities - today it was a trip to Crystal Castle - to enjoy all of the beautiful crystals and the gardens. We particularly love the Buddha garden with the massive statue of Buddha. It's such a tranquil place - definately worth a visit if you;re in these parts.
Yep, it's hip hip hooray for sunny sunny days....

pic from Martha

7 comments:

beachvintage.com said...

I know, I myself went for a paddle today on Stradbroke Island. It was so warm and the water was devine. How lucky we are.

lily-g said...

It's funny you should make this post, work is so hectic at the moment and I'm so stressed out, after a slight meltdown Paul and I starting chatting about exactly the same thing, Byron, morning swim, coffee... the dream is getting closer thankfully xx

Porchlight Interiors said...

How lucky you are to live in beautiful Byron Bay! While it was lovely and sunny up here in Brisbane there is no beach in sight! We do have some good coffee holes though! Tracey xx

Barb Fisher said...

Oh enough already! I was -3 this morning in Canberra. I am SO ready for spring!

:)

jo said...

Waiting, waiting for sunshine.. my boys (aged 6 and 4) had the sprinkler out the other day and didnt seem to notice that it was freezing! I can't wait for that image to be a regualr reality in our back yard : )

Evie and Bluebell said...

Oh you lucky thing! It's 4 degrees here at the moment and looks like snow may be on it's way!

Irene ~ RE~VINTAGED said...

Its a nostalgic look back for us here in Melbourne. With the water restrictions as they are my kids will never experience this sort of fun. Have to come visit up North won't they :)
Cheers, Irene.