Thursday 19 November 2009

Handmade Heaven...



I love things that have been made by hand. Where a person's two hands - their life and their energy - are behind their creation. Being a rather highly energetic person - I have to admit - that I find it quite a difficult thing to sit still long enough to see this kind of creativity through to fruition however when I do manage it, I find that a wave of relaxation and calm comes over me. After all, creating by hand is a meditation of sorts, don't you find...
Some such creatures of beauty are these Littlebillies. Former food stylist extraordinaire, Suzie Smith creates these gorgeous dolls completely by hand from her farmhouse in the Byron Bay Hinterland. She even knits their outfits to suit their personalities - and what funky outfits they are. Aren't they darling? You can check out her website www.littlebillies.com.au to see the range...

7 comments:

Anna White said...

Shannon..these Little billies are absolutely adorable...and so well made..thanks for sharing will def check them out, Have a great weekend x

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

I completely agree, creating by hand can be meditation (when it all goes well).

Marina Mott said...

I think it too and these little dolls are wonderful!

Ness Lockyer said...

You know I love handmade! Thankyou also for giving me a great gift idea for some little Nieces!!
Ness xx

Dumbwit Tellher said...

So absolutely sweet and beautifully made. Her abilities amaze me. Must check out her website for Christmas gifts. Thank you Shannon!

Angie Muresan said...

These are adorable! Here via French Essence.

Etincelle said...

I agree with all the above comments! they remind me of my own doll and my sister's when I was a little girl. My Mum and Grandmother would make us one each with their handmade clothes as well. I reckon though that these are more fashionable that my old one... so cute!
Thanks for sharing :)