Wednesday 2 June 2010

Old Yarns...



I do love my decorative house hold items to be made by hand. There is something just so homey, so comfy, so now - about it all...
These beautiful cushions by Old Yarns - are exactly what I'm talking about. Created out of old European grain sacks - and decorated with subtlety and sophistication - cushions like these are the kinds of things that add depth to an interior. You can find Old Yarn over at Blue Caravan - the online market place for all things ethical and fair trade such as homewares, stationary, bath and body and my most beloved... ceramics! Gotta love these Aussie gals who are doing it for the earth... Go Blue Caravan and go Old Yarn...

7 comments:

beachvintage.com said...

Love the name too. These would look great in my caravan I think!

laura may said...

I love that earthy look. Very nice!!

lm.x

Charlotta Ward said...

These are fantastic! Love old grain sacks and was admiring some at Donna Hay's 'General Store' the other day. Donna found the grain sacks in Paris and had these amazing table runners made from them. Drool worthy.

x Charlotta

Unknown said...

Loving the grain sacks, Shannon! I recently saw some handmade pillows made from burlap with a strip of lace over them, very pretty, kind of like these! Thrilled you stopped by Little Blue Deer so I could find you (not quite sure how I've missed), am delighted to be follower 500! Congrats!

Dionne said...

I love these. I have a pillow made from an old Coffee Sack from Whitney West (on Etsy), and I LOVE it!

Unknown said...

Thanks for this post. I have been to Blue Caravan's site and am hooked.

oldyarns. said...

Hey Shannon

Only just found this link - thanks so much for the mention & support for blue-caravan & {oldyarns}. I now have new market totes in the store made from coffee sacks & vintage flour bags.

I'm from Brissie & one of our favourite day trips is to Bangalow (including Heath's Old Wares of course!)

Take care, Kristina