Tuesday 8 June 2010

Soft Landing...



Today, I'm thinking rugs... As one does when the weather turns a little chilly. You see, we're sans rugs in the farmhouse - which is not so much a design statement but more the reality that I can't find what I'm looking for! I was thinking tribal could be the go - but so far haven't come across the colour scheme in my mind. Then, I toyed with the idea of a sisal carpet square - but that's just a little too Hamptons for me - not that I don't love the Hamptons look - but not for me or here. And so, I was perusing the Mokum site the other day and came across this little beauty. What do you think? This would be for the lounge room - nestled in nicely between the peacock coloured velvet sofas. I love the colour way - and I love that it has been inspired by a antique Moroccan embroidery. Is it too grown up? Am I ready for such a strong design statement underfoot? What to do?

7 comments:

design traveller said...

hi Shannon! Nice colour scheme at this one...

You are welcome at http://designtraveller.blogspot.com/

life in a pink fibro said...

I love it, but it is a big statement - and I shudder to think what my boys might do to those swathes of white.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful rug...simply love the colours and design....I love a rug that can be its own piece of furniture.

Cassandra said...

It's a beautiful rug - if you love it - why not?

 Viv said...

Oh Shannon, this rug is beautiful! The colours suit suit the space perfectly. I usually go quite plain underfoot but I admire statement rugs and would love to incorporate them more in my home. I've had my eye on an Akira rug for forever.

dorothybills..... said...

Too grown up? nah, I think it looks playful but elegant, love the colours, may need to check out that site as it would go nicely in my house too maybe?!

Such a beautiful blog...

Anonymous said...

gorgeous and would look fabulous in your home x