Tuesday 15 June 2010

Thinking Tiles...



I'm in love with tiles - particularly the patterned Moroccan kind or those from Argentina. Like wallpaper, they thread an artistic expression into the architecture and fabric of a home - and in these days of fairly neutral backdrops - it's a wonderful relief to come across a space that uses pattern in this way. I am waiting with baited breath to use the antique tiles from Argentina that I am hoarding in my garden shed. One day, I imagine them beautifully decorating the floor of a glass conservatory - or perhaps a wall in a bathroom, such as this one.

6 comments:

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Gorgeous tiles, Shannon. I am hankering after some greek tiles from Fired Earth at the moment. I'd love them as a splashback by the kitchen sink for a pop of azure blue against white.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon, a lovely use of those stunning tiles. It is so nice to see them used with such flair.. they make the perfect feature, especially in that bathroom!
:) Flick

nerines said...

Is that a bath? 'Cos I'm kinda loving that too:-)

jatanainteriors said...

Love love love those tiles.Wallpaper for the bathroom,how exotic and unique.Stunning.

Dianne said...

Your tiles really looks gorgeous! Just like my tiles in my bathroom but mine is something Mexican inspired design from Arizona Tile. I also love unique and patterned designs of tiles.

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

fabulous tiles shannon, and that timber bath is v.cool!