Tuesday 27 July 2010

Bloomin' Lovely...



The folks at Bloomingville have done it again - bringing us laid-back style with a twist of cozy - with their signature effortless ease. There is something about the light up there in those Nordic nations - it is so muted, so soft, so accommodating. Down here in Australia our light is as bright as can be - even on a cloudy day (!) - and so our colours translate with a brightness that makes things difficult to ignore. Such subtlety is a welcome relief - and so these pics are for your Tuesday viewing pleasure...

12 comments:

Carole said...

Oh such a nice website. I haven't visited before - thanks for sharing.

Gramercy Home said...

I know what you mean. I tend to go for bold color but I really appreciate subtle tones - especially when done like these images.

beachvintage.com said...

Lovely round cushion! Its overcast here in Brisbane today too. Looks like rain coming. Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog last friday. Hugs. Simone xx

Sonia M said...

I can already see me in the cane chair in the last photo. Thank-you

Heather said...

Love love love love love.
& Love the blog :)

Maria | Vintage Simple said...

Beautiful. My favorite kind of light and design, for sure.

warmly,
-maria

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Fab site - thanks for highlighting. Love the rattan rug.

Heartfire At Home said...

Lovely calm pics. I'm adoring that petal cushion (I'm a bit of a 'cushionista' - lol!!)

Linda. :)

desde my ventana said...

Hello Shannon,
I love this company so much.
Lovely things,
Hugs and thanks you for visiting me.
Cecilia

Alicia ~ time worn style said...

So many elements in those photos that I love.
alicia

Anonymous said...

What beautiful, serene spaces! You have a lovely blog!
~ Jo :)

Treadgold said...

The first pic is my fave. The blend of a dainty chandelier, rustic mat and delicate wind flowers, sits together perfectly. Very serene. Thank you