Thursday 26 August 2010

Bienvenue La Piscine...

Those of you who have been following my blog for a while will know that I've been actively campaigning for a pool up here at the farm for the last few years. You see, we are sans piscine at the farm - hubby just wont come at it. He comes from a long line of pool owners - and knows only too well that at the end of the day, the responsibility for the cleaning of the pool will rest upon his shoulders... I, on the other hand, am a pool novice. Never had a pool - and if the truth be known, never really needed one - until now! You see, we live in sunny Byron Bay - and the days are long and very, very hot! And so, I have been in campaign mode! Naturally, I've been running an honest, no dirty tricks campaign - we all know that underhanded lobbying can just come back to bite you on the derriere! Instead, I've gone for the slow and steady campaign - highlighting the virtues - without being pushy or overly desperate! It's been hard - but I thought you'd be very happy to know that the count is in - and the pool side has crawled to victory! Today marks the day - that the pool is being dug! Yes, there are diggers up at the farm - and many men armed with spades - and they are a diggin! And so, we will have a pool for this summer! Hubby has struck at deal with the dependants (i.e the children!) who will take over the responsibility of running the pool party. And so, welcome summer - it's going to be a cool one...

14 comments:

JOE. D said...

Woohoo. Congrats. Glad the campaign worked. Tell hubby it really is not that much work. My Mr just tests is once a week (the kids grab the little bottle thing, swim to the bottom of the pool to fill it) we drop some little magic liquid in that tells you if you need more this or more that, pour it in and away we swim (well, we swim after a few hours - we don't actually pour it in while we are swimming hahahah). You'll be SO SO SO happy with a pool. We are. I love it (-:

deux chiens et un garcon said...

Dear Shannon, having lived up the North Coast, I know how much of a smelter it can be. I livd in darwin as well and we had our own pool within footsteps from the back door. It was a must! To be able to cool your core body temperature down asap was so therapeutic to one's mental health and prevented one from going "troppO". I actually loved looking after and cleaning the pool. It was my weekly meditation. All worth the effort. I hope it turns out beautifulfor you and your family.

Unknown said...

Well done on winning the pool in the end. Taking the high road is long and windy when convincing husbands into more work and less man time. You have done well, I am guessing when your floating around in th hot sun he will be thanking you for forcing his hand.;)

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

How exciting that you are getting a pool! If I lived somewhere how like the bay I would need a pool, too. Can't wait to see pics!

nikki said...

Woo hoo & good luck with it - its a messy job to get one. Well worth it for the kids though & the laughs I have when my husband loves telling everyone that its easy looking after a pool - he has no idea on how to even switch it on !!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay

Have had my fingers crossed for you.

India

Mia, New Room Interior said...

Hi! Thanks for your nice comment!! I like your blog, and style! Have a wonderful week-end! Hugs-Mia

Anonymous said...

Yay! You will LOVE it. You will see, it will so worth all the work. Our family activities revolve around the pool!

mimi charmante said...

bravo and congratulations!!! as we are already losing our summer (far too early if you ask me) I will be living vicariously through you!
xx

Leah - The Inside Story said...

Congratulations on winning the battle over the pool. I have a pool and I must say it is the best thing in summer. You will love it. I have just done a post on pools on my blog. You may like to have a look. Cheers!

Sarah Klassen said...

Oh, that's wonderful!

I would love a pool, also, being so shy. They are a bit of responsibility -- growing up, my Grandparents had one, but thankfully, I was so fit because of it, and taught myself to swim. I hope you enjoy the new pool :)

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Some awesome pictures, Shannon. The blue of the water makes me dream away ....
Have a happy weekend. xx

Emma Burgess said...

Fantastic news. Enjoy the digging! Emma. xx

Simone - honeyandfizz said...

Yay, so glad you are getting your pool! You will live in it in Summer :) Have just done a post on you today on my blog. You are my style crush this week!:) Love your work. A few of us were wondering if you ever hold workshops in Sydney?