Wednesday 8 December 2010

Sometimes I Wonder...



What inspires some people to create in the way that they do... What moves them... What shapes their vision... What calls them to action... What drives them to push their creative limits... One woman that inspires such thought is Australian photographer Carla Coulson... I've loved her work since she published her book Italian Joy - a photographic memoir of her move from corporate life in Australia to her new life pursuing her dreams as a photographer based in Europe. It's one of those books that I often return to when I'm in need of a little push myself... Because, as you well know I'm sure, sometimes self expression does take a little push... It takes bravery... It takes self belief... It takes throwing yourself out onto the metaphorical creative ledge - with self assurance and brevity... Being creative can sometimes be laced with the simultaneous need to express and the insecurity of how that self expression will be received... Oh, it can be an exhausting ride... Turning to the words of inspiring women is what sees me through those days... To hear the stories of women doing what they love, regardless of the obstacles... Thanks Carla for your beautiful work and inspiring words... You have made my day...
If you're a woman who would love to lead a more creative life but don't quite have the clarity and confidence to seize the moment and take that creative leap then you may be interested in my Follow Your Heart Creative Living Seminar - which will be held at that creative palace on the Gold Coast the Palazzo Versace... This full day seminar combines strategies to help you build your creative confidence with the tools that you need to launch and ultimately find a niche for your creative offering. This seminar is ideal for those of you interested in all things creative from the world of design and decorating to product development and such...  head to the website for dates and all of the details...

5 comments:

Meagan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica Turnbow said...

Love your blog! I will have to check out that photographer!

Andrea Reh said...

If only I lived in Australia (or could afford the flight over the ditch!) as I would love to attend one of your seminars.

Thank you for stopping by my blog the other day, I was most excited when I spotted your name!

Andrea x
andreareh.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. I always want to know what inspires others. I think, secretly I'm hoping for courage to jump off that ledge too.

Flotsam Friends said...

I also adore Carla's work and was lucky enough to win 'Italian Joy' on a giveaway on her blog earlier this year. She truly is an inspiration. I love following her blog and stepping into her world even if it's only for a few minutes. That conference sounds fantastic. I could so do with a dose of creative confidence. I'll stop by the website now. Thank you, this is a great post. Pruxxx