Friday 15 April 2011

A Seaside Hideaway..





I've been deeply in love with this house - ever since I saw it featured in Vogue Living - so many moons ago now. There is something about this classic design that endures through the ages - plus the colour scheme is perfectly paired with the environment beyond. We are on a roll with our inky blues and blacks this week - in fact we can't get them out of our minds as we play around with a few of these colours for a clients house. There's something very relaxing about these deep inky colours - particuarly when they are paired with textural fabrics and highlighted with bright white! Ah, the beauty of it as I imagine whiling away the weekend hours here...

via kmldesign

7 comments:

April Robinson said...

This is so beautiful. I would love to live in that house - all light and air. Thanks for making my day.

April
The Flooring Wholesalers Daughter

Mimi said...

It is truly gorgeouse. Enjoy your weekend. Mimi x

Tania said...

What a wonderful weekend that would be. Dark colours can work so well by the sea.

Unknown said...

Same, same! I too fell in love with this property when I saw it in Vogue Living many moons ago. I like the relaxed feel it has...

Keren - The Brown Trading Co. said...

It's a gorgeous house, love those dark tones. Where is it??

Keren
xx

Helen said...

This house looks so serene and in perfect harmony with its coastal surroundings... and who doesn't love an Adirondack or two! Lovely...

newsprout said...

What a beautiful beach house, I absolutely love the ocean and coastal lifestyle and could just see me sitting on that porch overlooking the sea with a cup of tea, a good book and my sketch pad. Lovely