Wednesday 7 September 2011

Beauty In A Book...





I was completely blown away when I opened my mail packages the other day to find some of the most glorious books - thanks to Penguin...
One in particular is the new book from Saskia at Grandiflora florists in Sydney called Grandiflora Celebrations. Those of you who know Saskia's work will know well that she is such an extraordinary artistic talent. Her floral installations are more artwork than anything else - and in this new book she profiles some of the celebrations that she has worked on over the past little while - everything from weddings, to fashions launches, dinner parties, big parties... even a funeral... I was so inspired that I spent the night pouring over these beautiful pages... If you're a fan on the Facebook page - then you can see a video post that I've done on the book - although the book is back to front (I'm sure that there's a way to film yourself so you're not back to front? Anyone?) - if you 'like' the Facebook page then you can access to these video link ups - which, by the way, for better or worse (!) I will be doing a little more regularly because there's nothing quite like a video link up to make us feel together... If you have any questions regarding design/paint/fabric/anything at all - then email me at email@shannonfricke.com and I'll answer any questions via video...  Happy days for you...

2 comments:

www.whitelabelnoba.com.au said...

I'll be definitely buying that book, looks fantastic!

Gild and Grace said...

I just saw this in the new Belle mag and thought that I must get my hands on it! Your pictures have confirmed that it is definitely a must have!
Abbey x